It s been a long time....nearly a year; and what a year it has been. I quit blogging after a rough spot where my dearest, darling, heart dog, Sunny became very ill. Then I lost my long time pal, Beau. I was just starting to 'recover' when I got the news that I had melanoma. Such a diagnosis immediately brings your mortality to the forefront and not wanting to simply blog about gloom and doom, I stopped. I even went so far as to delete my blog. In otherwords, I was absorbed in feeling sorry for myself.
Well, Sunny recovered nicely. The pain of Beau's loss is less, though I will always miss him. I am cancer free now and life is good. I see evidence every day that there are huge struggles in the world much greater than mine ever have been. I have my health; a wonderful husband who provides extremely well for me, is my best friend and who loves me no matter what; two goldens who think I am their world and girlfriends who are there for me every day. Who could ask for more?
I returned to my blog because I missed my friends from around the world. I hope they find that we are here.
This time, I won't let my blogging pressure me. I won't promise daily updates and I won't promise pictures every day. I will promise that I am back and want to be part of the community again.
For those of you new to Golden Purls (previously Purlin'Goldens), I am a North Carolina, USA native. I've lived all over the US but never been out of the country. I am a life long dog lover (understatement). I love the outdoors, long walks, enjoy knitting, bird watching, reading (though I don't do enough of it) and dabble in photography. I am a college basketball fan and a die-hard Tarheels fan.
I hope you will find Golden Purls interesting and/or entertaining and will visit us often.
It is good to be back.
Well, Sunny recovered nicely. The pain of Beau's loss is less, though I will always miss him. I am cancer free now and life is good. I see evidence every day that there are huge struggles in the world much greater than mine ever have been. I have my health; a wonderful husband who provides extremely well for me, is my best friend and who loves me no matter what; two goldens who think I am their world and girlfriends who are there for me every day. Who could ask for more?
I returned to my blog because I missed my friends from around the world. I hope they find that we are here.
This time, I won't let my blogging pressure me. I won't promise daily updates and I won't promise pictures every day. I will promise that I am back and want to be part of the community again.
For those of you new to Golden Purls (previously Purlin'Goldens), I am a North Carolina, USA native. I've lived all over the US but never been out of the country. I am a life long dog lover (understatement). I love the outdoors, long walks, enjoy knitting, bird watching, reading (though I don't do enough of it) and dabble in photography. I am a college basketball fan and a die-hard Tarheels fan.
I hope you will find Golden Purls interesting and/or entertaining and will visit us often.
It is good to be back.
I'm so delighted to see you back and to hear you are well and in wonderful spirits. You were missed and I look forward to following your new adventures! Dawn
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back at it! Shelley
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are blogging again. I love our daily chats, but this is just another level. The last paragraph sounded a bit like a singles ad ;) g
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
ReplyDeleteIt is SO GOOD to have you back. You were missed and I worried about you and Sunny.
ReplyDelete